Friday 30 December 2011

Part 19

"Ow!" Lilith glared.
    Venice just rolled her eyes. "Hold still, will you? I can't do this if you keep fidgeting!"
    "I will not hold still!" Lilith shouted. "I have rights!"
    Venice smirked and continued bandaging her wounds, glancing up briefly and smiling as Niall walked in. "Who's torturing the little girl?" He asked.
    Lilith laughed once. "Little girl? I've been a vampire for ages! I'm not that young!"
    "So you keep telling us all." Venice grinned.
    Niall wandered up to stand beside her, his hand on her shoulder. He smiled and winked at her.
    "Oh!" Lilith shouted. "No starting with that! Not in here!"
    He sighed, but stopped. "Anyway," He said. "I just came in here to see how you were both doing..."
    Lilith raised an eyebrow. "And see if I knew anything? No. Or maybe they wanted you to spy on me to see if I was going to stay. Apart from that, I would only think that they could want you to see if I'd turned over to the dark side. You know, this is beginning to sound like a corny adventure film..." She snorted. "Oh, no wait! You probably just came in here to start smooching with your girlfriend!"
    Niall blinked. "Actually I really did just come in to see if you were doing okay... I could I go...?"
    Lilith crossed her arms. "Whatever."
    He waited a second, then shrugged and wandered off.
    Venice suddenly looked very angry. "You know, you could try to be a bit nicer. Is this how you usually treat people that you've just met? Plus, I'm trying to heal you. Plus I came and beat up your boyfriend, so don't be so rude!"
    Lilith ground her teeth.
    Venice sighed and got back to work.
    "Ow!"



Lilith sat on one of the chairs in her house's kitchen, reading.
    Brain Muncher by Gordon Edgley. The other's had said that these books were good, and apparently, the author had been involved in the magic world before he died, so she'd decided to check it out.
    The others were still around somewhere, but she wanted some privacy, so they were off in the other rooms, figuring out what to do about Dusk.
    After a while, it started to get late, but no one left to go home. Instead, the boys walked in and started rooting through her fridge to find some food.
    Niall made a face. "There's nothing in here!" Then he blinked. "Well, nothing but milk..."
    Lilith just raised an eyebrow. She didn't even bother looking up from the book.
    Kallista walked in after them. "And you expected there to be food? We're in a vampire's house Niall!" Shaking her head, she wandered round to open the cabinet above the sink. "But Lilith always keeps some coffee in the cupboards!" She grinned and poked Niall in the ribs. "That's the only reason she has the milk!"
    Lilith sighed and closed the book.
    Everyone turned their heads to her.
    She ignored them and continued silently up to her room, locking the door behind her. She dumped the book on the bed-side table.
    She didn't really need any of the stuff in this house, but she liked it to be there, because it made her feel more normal. As for the whole food issue... she rarely got visitors, and if you have a fridge full of food that you're never going to eat, then your house begins to smell a bit...
    Lilith smiled dully. She loved those guys downstairs. Not in a creepy way... more like they were her family... but of course, her real family was dead... they had been dead for a long time... and it had been her fault...
    "No!" Lilith gasped.
    Too late, she realised what was happening, and let her thoughts run out of control.
    Her knees buckled, and she collapsed, falling into the abyss of her dark past.

3 comments:

  1. LILITH
    Finally you posted *hugs*
    That was really good.
    Your Character seems to be slipping a LOT recently. Kinda like Val with Darquesse :P
    Brilliant, I love it!!
    post SONNER this time if you PLEASE!!
    You are such a good writer Lili.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilith I have just seen the comment you left me, yes I have Deviant Art, that is what you mean right??
    Yes of course, I would LOVE to be in your Story, but is it okay if a few details are changed, about my Character??
    I will be posting my updated OC on my Blog:http: //njmaverick-myblogofvalidity.blogspot.com/
    I'll post the updated version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) epical Lil!! i loved the Gorden refrence :)

    :P love it!

    ReplyDelete